At Your Medicos, our medical professionals will do a physical exam and blood tests to diagnose metabolic syndrome if any of the following are true:
- You are overweight or obese, and you carry the weight around your middle. For men, this means a waist that measures greater than 40 inches around. For women, it means a waist that measures greater than 35 inches around.
- You have higher than normal blood pressure (130/85 mm Hg or greater).
- You have a higher than normal amount of sugar in your blood (a fasting blood sugar of 110 mg/dL or greater).
- You have a higher than normal amount of fat in your blood (a triglyceride level of 150 mg/dL or greater).
- You have a lower than normal high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol level (an HDL level less than 40 mg/dL). HDL cholesterol is the “good” cholesterol.
The more of these risk factors you have, the higher your risk of heart disease. Other signs of a metabolic disorder include:
- Constipation and/or diarrhoea
- Reflux or heart burn
- Low energy or fatigue
- Increased hunger and food craving
- Reduced libido
- Oedema -- fluid retention, especially in the calves or ankles
- Anxiety and depression
- Weight gain or stubborn weight loss
- Loss of muscle mass
- Irregularity or cessation of periods in women
- Low immunity, recurring and/or prolonged colds and flu
- Sleep disturbances
- Changes in mood
After analyzing your results, we will create a program for metabolic correction. For a free consultation regarding Metabolic Correction, contact Your Medicos at 847-850-5882.